For Serious Students and Aspiring Teachers
Starting February 8th, Pauline Schloesser will offer a 5 and a-half-month program in Iyengar Yoga Studies. The program will meet for six Saturdays from February to mid June, for three hours each class.
This special yoga course is designed with two purposes: to help students gain skills necessary for a regular home yoga practice; and to cover required knowledge from the first assessment syllabus from IYNAUS. While not a teacher training program, this course will help those who would like to start teaching or preparing for the first assessment.
- Learn ways of practicing basic yoga postures with attention to alignment in several categories: Standing, Seated, Lateral Extensions, Forward Extensions, Abdominals, and Inversions.
- Learn the Sanskrit and English names of yoga postures
- Learn principles to design a practice sequence of yoga postures
- Introduce yoga philosophy through selected topics in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- Attend a weekly yoga class with a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher (6 months of practice experience)
- Commitment to make every class of Yoga Studies course.
- Complete some written assignments and quizzes
- Basic good health. No injuries or chronic problems
Required Readings will come from two books:
Yoga in Action, a Preliminary Course, by Geeta Iyengar
Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, by B.K.S. Iyengar
Light on the Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Yoga, A Gem for Women, by Geeta Iyengar
Schedule: 2-5pm, at Alcove Yoga on these Saturdays
February 8th, March 8th, April 12th, May 10th, May 24th, and June 14th.