Your membership dues of $60 annually supports our organizations which are active in the following: disseminating information about Iyengar yoga events; publication of Yoga Samachar magazine, and electronic newsletters; provision of scholarships for students in need; maintaining the standards of certification for teachers; the organization of conventions and continuing educational opportunites for teachers, as well as conferences with senior teachers for non-teacher members. WE NEED YOU! And your valid membership admits you to a FREE MARATHON YOGA PRACTICE at Alcove Yoga.
We will call out the name of the pose and tell you how much time will be devoted to it. For example, "Utthita Trikonasana, 1 minute each side." We'll tell you when to come out of the pose, and then name the next pose. We will tell you the name in English and you can look around at others if you're unsure of what to do-- no big deal! Just show up and do the best you can.
- Saturday, 4/11, 2-5pm at Alcove Yoga (637 Cortlandt Street, Houston TX 77007)
- Over 60 postures will be called out with time given for the practice of each one
- No "teaching," just someone telling you what to practice. You get whatever props you need.
- light refreshments served after class
- please email us to let us know you're coming. (space is limited)
Thank you !!!